Austin to Boston with a Leaf is no problem. By popular request, here’s a more detailed map of driving distance from electric car charging stations. I learned a bunch of stuff making these maps. Did you know?
- Most electric cars can charge at a normal wall outlet
- Most come with a fancy home fast charger, or you can buy one for a few hundred dollars
- Five-passenger 75-mile-range electric cars are now available to some folks for <$20k after tax credits
- 92% of Americans commute less than 70 miles/day
- You can always rent a car if you absolutely need to get to Wyoming
- Other datasets contain more charging stations, and more are being built all the time
I don’t have an electric car, but they’re worth considering if you’re going to buy a car. I wouldn’t’ve said that a couple years ago.
Watermelon on Flickr.
Page 1 of 44